Cindy began creating worlds as a kid, entertaining her siblings with spontaneous ghost stories before bed. She filled notebooks with novels and ideas and realized quickly she wanted to be a writer as an adult.
Now Cindy lives in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and loves using Colorado towns and cities as inspiration for settings in her stories. She’s the mother of three girls who provide plenty of fodder for her YA novels.
Cindy writes speculative and contemporary YA fiction, filled with a healthy dose of romance. She’s represented by Stacey Donaghy of Donaghy Literary.
Facts you didn’t know about me:
- I’ve hiked seven mountains over 14,000 feet in Colorado.
- I’ve visited nine countries on four different continents.
- I’ve been chased by a bear. (Black bears were really common in the woods by my grandparent’s house.)
- I’ve written music for both the violin and guitar before (both of which I play, though not very well).
- I designed a tattoo for someone once.
- My first job was at a place called Santa’s Workshop, at a fake “North Pole” in Colorado, where everything is Christmas themed. You can visit Santa and elves there, as well as other fictional characters. I made popcorn and cotton candy, hosted birthday parties for kids, delivered packages, and rode the giant Candy Cane slide with kids when they were too scared to go by themselves.